Burb Media: February — September, 2019. Community Editor
- Content manager and editor for GlensideLocal.com hyper-local news website serving Abington, Cheltenham, and Jenkintown, Pennsylvania.
- Increased site traffic by 500%, from 30,000 page views per month. This doubled in the first month, reaching nearly 200,000 page views four months later.
- Brought a quality journalistic approach to the content, initiating the “Walkabout” series that introduced local readers to interesting residents and business people from their local community.
- Stories included local reporting of police and fire emergencies, government affairs, human interest pieces, and commentary.
- Upgraded featured graphics and professional level photography.
Coffee Cup Media: 2011- 2019. Principal, Creative Director, Design Technologist.
- Expert art director, copy editor and interactive and social media strategist, and front-end development.
- Designer and developer of branding, SEO, advertising and marketing strategies, including the identity design, direct mail, and email campaigns
- Social Media manager for multiple clients,
- Expert application of UX and UI design and development of site map and wireframes.
- Specialist in Joomla and Wordpress platform design and development, web hosting management, MySQL, and the deployment (to date) of more than 51 sites.
- Common sense consulting for small-to-medium sized business.
- Provide dynamic client training through the use of live presentations, custom-designed training materials and informational seminars for website operation.
- Perform regularly website security and performance monitoring for more than 25 sites
- Major interactive projects include art direction, UX design, and development of websites for:
- High Swartz Law
- LaVoie Health Sciences
- International Institute for Restorative Practices
- Reading Terminal Market
- TGW Conveyor Systems
- Task Force for Global Health
- Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church.
- SERV Behavioral Health Systems
- many others…
Art270: 2008 — 2011. Senior Interactive Director
- Design, construction, and deployment of CMS-driven, standards-compliant websites, email campaigns, Powerpoint presentations, SEO campaigns, and online marketing consultations.
- Specialized in Joomla and Wordpress open-source content management system design and deployment and fluent in CSS, HTML, and design technology.
- Directed and deployed the redesign of websites for Bartol Foundation, Astral Artists, Episcopal Community Services, and others. www.art270.com.
Thomas J. Paul: 2007 — 2008. Freelance Art Director
- Design and production work on a variety of promotional and informational projects from clients such as Masterfoods (Snickers, M&Ms) and Johnson & Johnson.
- Designed and coded web site projects for J&J products and programs; Johnson & Johnson’s. InformationEDGE and its LifeScan rebate program.
State & Main Associates: 2005 — 2007. Managing Partner
- Creative Director and Information Technology officer for a restaurant consulting firm
- Responsible for menu design, logo design, business planning reports, web site design, and marketing programs for small and large independent restaurant clients.
- Installed and administered a network of Macintosh and PC systems along with a Microsoft Small Business Server.
- Co-managed team of fourteen employees and interns
Princeton Financial Systems: 2004 — 2005. Freelance art director.
- PFS builds financial management software for Fortune 500 companies.
- Responsible for the design and production of in-house print collateral and corporate communications.
- Projects include production of program materials for annual client conference (PFACC); product brochures; in-house communications; and other collateral.
Roadside Magazine/Ball Publishing: 1990 – 2007. Founder, publisher, editor, art director.
- Bootstrapped publications exploring the back roads and Main Streets of America, targeting towards an upscale educated audience. Sold to Ball Publishing in 2000, reacquired in 2002.
- Responsible for freelance coordination, production, distribution, information technology, and advertising sales for a magazine with a circulation topping out at 20,000.
- Managed a staff of 14 full-time and freelance employees at any given time.
- Art directed and wrote copy for direct mail promotion that generated a 9% response.
- Roadside was featured in Yankee Magazine, the Boston Globe, the New York Times, USA Today, the Wall Street Journal, and on National Public Radio, Food Network, History Channel, and more.
- Designed and developed one of the earliest blogs on the Internet in 1997.
- Other responsibilities included public speaking, media appearances, and strategic planning.
- Published in print from October, 1990 until February 2001.
Darby O’Brien Advertising: 1994–1997, Freelance art director
- Art and photo direction for Westfield Gas & Electric Annual Report for the years 1995 and 1996
- Art direction for Heckler Brau beer collateral and P.O.P. displays.
- Art and photo direction for Great Barrington Savings Bank print advertising campaign campaign also involving copy writing and photo editing.